How Is My Work Injury Case Resolved or Settled?
How Is My Work Injury Case Resolved or Settled? Your work injury case is resolved when there is an agreement between you and the claims administrator or a judge issues an order about your workers’ compensation payments and future medical care that will be provided to you. In order to protect your rights, whether or not you are represented by an attorney, settlements must be reviewed by a workers’ compensation administrative law judge, to determine whether they are adequate. work injury case resolved settled
My Work Injury Case Is Being Resolved or Settled. What types of settlements are there?
There are two different ways to settle your case: work injury case resolved settled
- Stipulations with Request for Award (stips)
- Payments – You and the claims administrator agree on the amount of temporary or permanent disability payments you will receive. This is usually paid in weekly payments
- Medical care – The claims administrator usually agrees to pay for medical care if needed.
- Compromise and Release (C&R)
- One payment – The claims administrator agrees on an amount to resolve your claim. This is usually paid in a lump sum
- Medical care – If the lump sum includes the estimated cost of future medical care, the claims administrator will no longer pay your doctor. This becomes your responsibility.
What if my case doesn’t settle? work injury case resolved settled
If you and the claims administrator are unable to agree on a settlement, your dispute will need to be decided by a workers’ compensation judge.
Want to learn more? Find it in the guidebook
How Is My Work Injury Case Resolved or Settled? #AskNikkiNow
Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Lawyers – Free Consultation – email@example.com
work injury case resolved settled
Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson, Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law
by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Professor of Law
Workers Comp Specialist Lawyer
Attorney Nikki Jacobson is a Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Why is that important? The more complicated your case, the more important it is to consult a certified specialist.
What does it mean when an attorney is a Workers’ Compensation Specialist? Workers Comp Specialist Lawyer
A Certified Specialist is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. The State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization certifies specialists in several areas of law, including Workers’ Compensation. A California attorney who is certified by the State Bar as a Workers’ Compensation Law specialist must have:
- Taken and passed a written examination in Workers’ Compensation Law;
- Demonstrated a high level of experience in Workers’ Compensation Law;
- Fulfilled ongoing education requirements;
- Been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with her or his work.
Why does the California State Bar certify legal specialists? Workers Comp Specialist Lawyer
- To help the public identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law;
- To encourage the maintenance and improvement of attorney competence in specialized fields of law.
What can a Workers’ Compensation Specialist Certified by The State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization do for you? Workers Comp Specialist Lawyer
Workers’ Compensation is a very complicated system and your legal representation is important. A Workers’ Compensation Specialist Certified by The State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization can:
- Explain rights, benefits and obligations under the law;
- Coordinate and advocate for proper medical care for the injured worker;
- Choose qualified doctors to evaluate the injured worker’s medical condition;
- Assist in returning the injured worker to work or with vocational rehabilitation;
- Advise what defenses may be available;
- Provide quality representation before the WCAB backed by experience, tested knowledge and reputation in the legal community;
- Review a case for additional rights.
Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson
Attorney at Law
Certified Specialist Workers’ Compensation Law
The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Workers Comp Specialist Lawyer
Attorney Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson has represented individual clients in immigration (visa) and workers’ compensation (work injury) matters employed at a variety of companies in California, the United States and through out the world.
Below is a partial list of the employers:
ADP Total Source, Inc.
AGBT – American Express Global Business Travel
Alliance for Sustainable Energy
American Family Insurance
Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC
Bank of America
Becker’s School Supplies
Blue Coat Systems Inc.
Boston Scientific Corporation
Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Career Education Corporation
Carle Foundation Hospital
Catalina Marketing Corporation
Cedar Sinai Medical Center
Center Light Health System
CIT Group Inc.
City of Coral Gables
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Concentric Rockford Inc.
Data Card Corporation
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.
Ernst & Young LLP
Everest Reinsurance Company
Golub Corporation D/B/A “Price Chopper”
Health Net Inc.
Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc.
Jack Henry & Associates
John Hancock Life Insurance Company (USA)
Lahey Clinic Foundation, Inc.
Lakeside Union School District
Latham & Watkins LLP
Laureate Education, Inc.
Leggett & Platt
Levi Strauss & Company
Luther Holding Company DBA Luther Automotive
Madison Square Garden
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
Meridian Health System
Merrill Communications, LLC
NCCI Holdings, Inc.
Northeast Rehabilitation Health Network
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Prudential Insurance Company
Regus Management Group LLC
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc.
Southern Research Institute
Southwest Research Institute
St. Catherine University
Stanford Hospital & Clinics
State of Georgia
United Nations Staff Union
United Rentals, Inc.
United Technologies Corporation Aerostructures Division
University of North Florida
UPS – United Parcel Service, Inc.
Vail Resorts Management Company
Valdosta City Schools
Vitas Hospice Services LLC
Western Asset Management Co.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Experienced Los Angeles Immigration & Workers’ Compensation (Work Injury) Lawyers
ALWAYS Advocates for the Employee
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles Lawyers, Los Angeles Attorneys, Workers’ Compensation, Work Injury, Immigration, Citizenship
Los Angeles Work Injury and Immigration Attorney – Clients – Employees – Legal Plan – Hyatt